Table of contents
Wanted to share a few free resources for Bible reading. Hope you will find something that will resonate with you here.
The applications listed below all have one thing in common. They all support [The SWORD Project]which is the [CrossWire Bible Society's] free Bible software project.
This was the first Bible software that I used. It only works on Windows computers, but I really enjoyed it.
Xiphos is my current go-to software for searching out the scriptures. There should be versions available for whatever kind of computer you have (Window, Apple, or Linux).
This one is similar to Xiphos, but may be a little easier to use. I don't use it on my Linux computer because it sometimes crashes on me.
Ezra is a newer Bible application that does not have as many features as the others on this list. It is good at building scripture lists around a particular topic or theme.
You should be able to find these applications on the Apple or Google Play applications store.
- YouVersion - my favorite. Their chronological Bible reading plan matches the one that we have at Redemption.
- Olive Tree - It's good.
- Tecarta - Also good. There are actually several apps published by Tecarta, Inc.
- Ezra - Again, it's a newer, less features application. But, looks nice.
- Blue Letter Bible - Haven't had a chance to check this one out yet.
- YouVersion Online - This is the companion web site to the YouVersion mobile application.
- Blue Letter Bible - has many advance study tools.
- Bible Gateway - One of the classic bible web sites.
- Bible on Can of Worms - My humble contribution.
Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash