First Church Reading List
Reading is a good habit. With that good habit, we can also develop a bad habit of reading book after book in one or two genres that we are particularly fond of. In trying to combat that trap, it's good to look for additional sources of reading inspiration. My wife and I attend a church where the pastor is definitely a bibliophile. He routinely draws sermon inspiration from a variety of literature. It also seems that visiting ministers will often mention books that inspired them. So, I began to jot down books and author that I heard at church. So, I dub this, the first installment of the "First Church Reading List".
- Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert B. Putnam
- Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection
- Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make A Difference by Max Lucado
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand