One of my favorites.
- 3 - 16 oz cans Great Northern Beans Do not drain
- 4 cups Chicken breast Cubed
- 1 T Oil
- 2 Onions Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 2 - 4 oz cans Mild green chilies Chopped
- 2 t Ground cumin
- 1-1/2 t Dried oregano Crumbled
- 1/4 t Cayenne pepper
- 6 cups Chicken stock or canned broth
- 3 cups Monterrey Jack cheese Shredded
- Sour cream
Boil chicken in large pot until tender, cut into cubes. Reserve stock. Heat oil in same pot over medium head. Sauté onion until translucent, stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and sauté for about two minutes. Add beans and stock then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, add chicken and cheese to chili. Stir until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream. Typically served with cornbread.