As long as I can remember, these were a tradition at home for Christmas. Similar to Rice Krispie treats except you use corn flakes and shape them into rings. They can then be decorated with red hots or sprinkles.
- 1 Stick Margarine
- 2 t. Vanilla
- 45 Large Marshmallows (16 oz. Bag)
- 1/2 bottle green food coloring (otherwise they are pale)
- 8-9 cups corn flakes (about 12 oz)
- Red hots or similar decoration
- Melt 42-45 large marshmallows in heavy pot with 1 stick margarine.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in abt 2 t. vanilla and green food coloring (I think I use about half a bottle)
- Stir in 8-9 cups of corn flakes
- Turn out on buttered Reynolds Wrap and with buttery hands - shape into Christmas wreaths - decorate and enjoy.