I watched this inspiring video called "Can you LEARN DATA SCIENCE for FREE? YES! I'll show you HOW!" and came to a sudden realization - I have been working along this track and had not fully realized it.
Thank you for that "Data Scientist - Giles McMullen". So, to get going, I've transcribed the links from the video.
- Quantitative Economics with Python: This covers a lot of topics, including: Introduction to Python, The Scientific Libraries, Advanced Python Programming and the Pandas Section of Data and Empirics
- Python Data Science Handbook by Jake VanderPlas
- 10 Minutes to pandas
- Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition - Here are some excellent pandas code examples.
- Vectors, what even are they? Essence of Linear Algebra, chapter 1 - (3Blue1Brown youtube video)
- Linear algebra - (Khan Academy course)
- Better Explained: An Intuitive Guide to Linear Algebra
- Introduction to Methods of Applied Mathematics - (PDF eBook Download)
- Mathematical Tools for Physics - (PDF eBook Download)
- FUNDAMENTALS OF LINEAR ALGEBRA - Linear Algebra Reference, PDF eBook Download
- Linear Algebra And Analysis - (PDF eBook Download Reference
Essence of Calculus
- Essence of calculus, chapter 1 - 3Blue1Brown Youtube video introduction
- Calculus 1 - Khan Academy course
- Calculus 2 - Khan Academy course
- Multivariable calculus - Khan Academy course
PRACTICE PYTHON PROJECTS
- Project Based Learning - Links to learning projects for many languages, not just python and R
- Project Euler Math Challenges - One of my favorites!
- Learning Scientific Programming - Work through as many of the examples as you fancy in Chapters 6 and 7 here
PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS
- Statistics and probability - Khan Academy course
- Think Stats: Probability and Statistics for Programmers
- Applied Statistics - Free eBook download
- The Only Probability Cheatsheet You'll Ever Need
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning with Applications in R - Essential PDF book download
- Learning From Data - Online machine learning course
- Elements of Statistical Learning - Extremely useful - PDF book download
PYTHON AND DATA SCIENCE
- Chapter 5 Python Data Science Handbook - online book
- scikit-learn Tutorials - collection of tutorial links
DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS IN PYTHON
- Data Structures & Algorithms in Python by Grow with Google - free Udacity course
- Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures using Python - online book
- Intro to SQL: Querying and managing data - Khan Academy course
GIT AND VERSION CONTROL
- git --fast-version-control - online book
TAKE THIS CLASS
- The "official" python tutorial
- The python reddit
- The datascience reddit
- Stackoverflow python questions
- Data Science - StackExchange questions
- Home of the Jupyter Notebook
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
- Also, check out my other python resources.
WRITE A BLOG
Part of the challenge is to blog about your experiences. Here is an article of one way to do it.
- How to Start a Jekyll Blog on GitHub Pages for Free
- Pelican is my blogging platform of choice.
Don't be a loner!