My grandmother was famous for her coconut cake. Here is my mom's take of grandma's cake. I haven't had the opportunity to sample this coconut cake. But, mom says it's great. Can't argue with mom. But, I can whine because she hasn't made me one!
- 1 Box of your favorite yellow cake mix
- 1 - 16 oz container fat free sour cream
- 1 ½ - 2 cups sugar
- 1-2 Pkgs frozen coconut - thawed
- Bake cake in 2-3 round pans at 325 degrees
- While cake is baking, mix sour cream and sugar together and let set.
- When cake is done, turn out first layer on plate,
- Punch holes all over the top and sides
- Spoon sour cream/sugar mixture onto hot cake
- Top with coconut
- Repeat for each additional layer.