My wife has been on a quest for her perfect salsa. This one comes pretty close the the Mexican restaurant style we like.
- 1/2 cup white onion - roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic - roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño - roughly chop, remove seeds and ribs
- 2 14.5 cans fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- juice from 1/2 lime
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeño to food processor. Pulse to desired chop.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, spices, lime juice and cilantro
- Pulse to desired finish consistency.
- Taste with a chip and tweak salt, lime juice, or sugar as needed.
Fresh cilantro can overpower the salsa for me. So, start easy and add more to your liking.
This is good to just have chips or use the salsa to add to other dishes.