Take Heed To Yourself
Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. Hebrews 2:1
What God has given through his word is important. Every word was given as a help to prepare us for eternity. Therefore we should pay attention to our own person in the matter of salvation. While the worldly person today is looking out for No.1 they don’t have God and eternity in mind, so it is our duty to be sure we live right by God’s purpose. In doing so we will save ourselves and perhaps be, an example that shows others how to save themselves from the coming collision. between good and evil.
TAKING HEED INDICATES PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
- We must save ourselves from an untoward generation.
- Keep our heart clean. Proverbs 4:23
- Take heed to your soul. Matthew 16:26
- Take heed to righteousness. Matthew 5:20; Isaiah 61:10
- Beware of the golden calf religion. Exodus 32:26,29 Carnal worship.
TAKE HEED TO TRUE DOCTRINE
- God’s word is truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 ; 3:15-17
- Verify what we hear by the bible. Don’t go against God’s word, obey him I John 2:3-6.
- Earnestly contend for the faith! Jude 3.
- The truth sets us free from sin and it’s condemnation. John 8:31,32,34; Romans 8:1; Gal. 1:6,7,8.
TAKING HEED TO THE WORD OF GOD TRANSFORMS THE CHRISTIAN
- They become stable citizens of heaven.
- Christians then glow with spiritual confidence.
- We can be faithful witnesses to God’s power to keep us in troubled times. Psalms 66:16