This is one of our go to recipes for an easy meal. One nice thing is that you can be creative with the vegetables.
- 32 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted (1/4 cup)
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
- Place vegetables, cheese, soup, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients to combine and mix well.
- Spray 9" x 13” casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread vegetables mixture in casserole.
- Melt butter in large pyrex measuring cup.
- Add crushed crackers.
- Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350° for about 45-60 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
NOTE: Any kind of vegetable assortments will work for this recipe, including fresh veggies or leftovers!
NOTE: Even though this mixture seems dry before you make it, avoid the temptation of adding milk or other ingredients to make it creamier. The cheese melts with the soup and the texture becomes deliciously creamy while baking.
NOTE: We sometimes saute the onion if it is a really strong one.
This recipe is based on one from Can't Stay out of the Kitchen